Wednesday 14 April 2010

No time for a haircut

I am dying to have a haircut.

I didn't think about it until a colleague urged me to have a haircut or a facial instead of watching my weight so much.

And we're going to Universal Studio this weekend! I really want to look good or at least fresh for the outing! But looks like the chance of me getting a haircut before the trip is very slim. I am home-bound today as Coco has piano lesson later on. Tomorrow, which is Thursday - I have to stay in school till 5.30pm. I believe by then I would be pooped, as usual, not to mention travelling all the way to Bishan to have a haircut. Come Friday, I'll also reach school after an excursion at 5.30pm.

How can teachers find time to get a haircut?

On the Teachers' Forum, did I ever mentioned that there is such a stupid forum? I mean, it's not stupid. It's basically a forum for teachers to come together to 'share' their woes and joys in the job. However, I think it's stupid because it's clearly a forum created just for teachers to shut their traps up so that they cannot complain in the public forums about teaching. You would need a user id and password, which only teachers have, to log into it. So the public won't get to read whatever's in there and teachers get to vent their frustrations there. I think it's stupid because our voices don't get heard except by the same miserable souls in the teaching department. Anyway, it's degenerated into a woe forum, because teachers are fundamentally an overworked lot. There is a thread titled 'I'm tired' which spans 4 pages long. I believe it's the longest in that forum. Other thread have problems filling up a page or even getting responses.

The administrator gave her word that she would surface this thread to the management so that our voices don't go unheard.

Let's hope it really happens. But honestly, teachers have been deceived so many times (cut down work load, cut down work load, cut down work load, increase pay etc) that we've become skeptical about any changes proposed by the ministry. In teaching, nothing that changes seems to be for the better. It's always for the worse, for teachers. I personally don't believe that anything good will come out of the surfacing. For all you know, they might give us more work!

No comments: