Monday 5 April 2010

Pooped

I feel pooped.

It's a crazy week ahead.

Just this morning, I was informed that I had to churn out the worksheets for the supplementary class for the whole level. I made a mad rush to amend the lesson plan, students' notes and powerpoint slides before school ended and then printed out all 225 sets of worksheets, recruited some students to help me sort out the pages, collated them and stapled them within 1.5 hour.

I had to observe my trainee's lesson. It sounds easy enough - 'observe'. Sure, if you're really experienced and can write the feedback on the spot. I am not. I wrote my observations and feedback down on my notebook, two pages of it, and then went back home to look through what I had written, decided which feedback should go where, and how I could better word it so that I don't sound like a witch trying to kill the trainee.

We are one or two observations behind time, so I surmise we are going to have the next one on Thursday. However, I am also going to have an observation for my lesson by my sup on the same day, and I better rush out my lesson plan, resources, and the supposedly-majorly amended work review by Wednesday.

I smsed a friend that I am starting to believe that I am a superwoman. She replied,"You are super!"

It's strange how you just don't feel like doing work when work is piling up. Like now.

I used to be very on task. You give me work to do, I finish it quickly and hand it to you.

But now, I just feel very overwhelmed. Always tons of work to do. And before you even start on the first piece of work, another, another, yet another job comes tumbling down on you. And every job wants your immediate attention. They say,"Prioritise." I am sure these people have never been teachers in their entire life. How to prioritise when EVERYTHING is important and urgent?

No comments: