Thursday 16 December 2010

Dying to ...

I chanced upon this quote from a blog. I thought it so true. We are always dying to do something.
For me ...

I was dying to grow up when I was a child. I was dying to go to a Secondary school when I was in Primary School. Then I was dying to go to a post-secondary institution where my education could continue. Then I was dying to go to a tertiary institution where my education would not come to a halt. Then I was dying to land myself a stable job. Then I was dying to get married and have a daughter. Then I was dying to have a flat. Then I was dying to get out of that 'marriage'. Then I was dying to get into teaching. Then I was dying to get a degree. Now I am dying to get out of teaching.

At some point in my life, I did and do ponder. What do all these pursuits amount to?

They are dreams and goals at different points of my life.

Without all these, I won't be me. I won't be the person I am today.

I had led a life without an aim for a long time, before Coco came along.

I understand how scary that aimlessness feels.

I don't ever want to be aimless again.

In my teens, I always have this fear of having dreams dashed. I never dared to set my sight high or far. I had this stupid fear of not attaining my goals without even trying.

It was after I had Coco that I decided that I had to make plans - long-term plans.

It was after I started having the notion of plans that I started to have dreams and goals.

What's a person if he does not have dreams?

We are all dying to do or be something at different crossroads of life. That, to me, is living.

No comments: