Thursday 16 December 2010

A Mother and Daughter's Heart - At the Same Time

I saw on Facebook that a friend went to Port Dickson and Sunway Lagoon for a holiday.

Ooooh ... ... *envy*

That inspired me to do a search on the net to see if I could net any means to go Sunway Lagoon.

Alas, it's too late.

Coco would be so thrilled to go to a theme park.

Then ... I remembered: I told Coco that we would not be travelling until she proved herself with her results.

It's so darn hard to be a parent. It's so difficult to be consistent and keep to what you say, really. It's often a clash of your own desire and the child's discipline interest. You really want to keep to your word by being strict with your child, yet on the other hand, by disciplining your child, you have to go without the pleasure which otherwise the child would enjoy too!

That's why we have inconsistent parents as the majority.

Then I also remembered: I had burst my budget by spending quite a bit on photography this year. To top that off, I just sent in my father's old Rolex watch for a replacement of the broken strap which blew more than $3k off my paycheck.

I really need to check my expenditure this month.

My sisters were against me repairing the watch. They felt the pinch for me and cautioned me against the likelihood of my father pawning the repaired watch for cash. But it was my dream to repair my father's watch for him since a few years back when I saw the sorry state it was in. And I really don't think that my father would pawn it ever again, because he would know that his daughter paid for the new strap with her very hard-earned money. I am eagerly anticipating his reaction to the repaired watch. Being a typical Asian Chinese father, he would most likely frown upon the money spent ("Why you spend this kinda money on a watch? You huh ... haiz ...") but feel happy inside that his weather-beaten but faithful old watch he bought in his youth is functionally restored.

The battered watch - the strap was so badly damaged my father tied it with strings and superglue!

The repaired watch comes with a complimentary pouch, for the kinda money I pay for a repair job


The spanking new strap!

No comments: