Monday 25 July 2016

Best Denki is Better Than Courts

My credit card had accumulated enough points to redeem a few items off the Maybank Treats Points reward system.

After much deliberation, I selected a Panasonic hair-dryer, a Philips blender, a Philips epilator and finally, a Shaw Theatre voucher for some snacks to maximise the remaining points.

I made my way down to Courts Causeway Point to redeem the Philips epilator. Unfortunately, the salesperson told me that the stocks for the model to be redeemed was not available. He also called Courts Lot 1 to find out that the item was also out of stock there.

I happened to be at Bishan Junction 8 and so I hopped over to Best Denki to redeem the blender and the hair-dryer, with full expectations that I was going to be disappointed like I did at Courts.

Surprisingly, Best Denki is clearly a superior megastore to Courts. The salesperson whipped out the hair-dryer within a minute of me asking for it, and went away for another two minutes before coming back with the blender!

I could not believe it was such a smooth sailing experience!

Best Denki reinstated my confidence in megastores, so I gathered my courage and set about calling Courts' main line.

Twice, I was put through the mill of button-pressing just to be hung up on because the call was cut off due to too long a duration the wait!

Fine. I called the Causeway Point outlet to inform them that I could not get through the main line. To my horror, the automated voice recording said,"We are closed for the day. Our operating hour is from 11am to 10pm." I looked at the clock. It's 2pm on a Saturday, lady!

I decided to call any branch and see if it gives me similar rubbish. 

To my utter disbelief, Courts Tampines' customer service department obviously does not believe in picking up calls! 

My goodness, how lousy can Courts get?

I wrote an email on the 'Contact us' page and hoped to get some reply. 

'Hoped' is right. There has been no response.

I decided to go down to Courts Causeway Point again and try my luck.

As it turned out, I was bestowed with the darned epilator on the spot this time round.

But my euphoria was short-lived.

I opened up the box and saw this:
 
The first thing I noticed was missing was the pouch.

Then I saw that the accessories were all missing!

My first thought was: Someone had tampered with the package and removed the items.

How can I not worry that this is a used product? For all I know, someone had used this product and conveniently taken the accompanying items.

So I returned to Courts Causeway Point again, and told the guy in charge of 'Service' what had happened. At first, the Philips salesman said the package really did come like this. I showed them the instruction sheet which indicated that there should be a cover for the epilator before using. The service guy agreed to check with Philips about it and get back to me the next day. However, more than a week passed and I still didn't hear anything from Courts.

So I made a third trip to Courts and asked about the outcome.


No comments: