Sunday 21 August 2016

EmPowered

He bought me a power bank!

I have been on a lookout for power banks recently as the battery-drain when playing Pokemon Go is ridiculously rapid. I had one pathetic experience with a power bank and unbeknownst to me, it was meant to be an emergency charge for a one or two percent battery life for its user to make his last call or send his last sms before the phone dies out. I had a refreshing experience with a 10,000mAh power bank which an acquaintance loaned me a couple of months back and started viewing power banks in the new light.

So far, the 10,000ma power banks I have checked out are expensive, huge, heavy and usually so not pretty.

He surprised me two days back by passing this to me. It comes in a petite package and is covered in gold soft felt synthetic leather. Really pretty! Expensive though, I thought. The price tag read $99.90.

Price aside, it works really well. Charges up my handphone battery very fast and each time, about 25% of the power bank is used so technically, one full charge of the power bank can provide my handphone with three to four times of charging, although I haven't the need to charge it more than once when out. Form and function fused into one. Love it!

No comments: