Friday 5 August 2016

When a Man Cooks

I had not had my breakfast when I took my father to the doctor's appointment at 12pm.

By the time I sent him home, it was 2pm and I was hungry for my Salted Egg Yolk Burger. 

But Baby would be returning at 3pm.

I reminded myself that William is an adult, so he should learn how to cook for Baby while I have a quick lunch with a friend.

I gave him step-by-step instructions on how to cook the porridge in a pot, and how to marinate the chicken mid-joints and dump them into the porridge when it was half-way cooked.

When I reached home, I was really pleasantly surprised that the chicken porridge was cooked. This was the first time he ever cooked something on a stove.

But when I stepped into the kitchen, I was horrified to have this greet my eyes!
 
"Why did you use the slow cooker to cook the porridge?!!"

"You said to 'use the pot'."

"It's this pot!" (showing him the metal pot)

"How should I know? You never say properly."

And to add fuel to fire,"I saw you cooking using that pot also what!"

"I don't care! You'd better wash the slow cooker up!"

Then I remember what people say about not criticising when a man tries to help, even when he makes terrible mistakes. 

Very tough indeed.

No comments: