Thursday 25 August 2016

Mouth-Watering Lava Custard Mooncakes

I had read rave reviews about Mei Xin Mooncakes, especially its Lava Custard Mooncakes last year.

Unfortunately, by the time I made my way down to Takashimaya Mooncake Fair, the lava custard mooncakes were sold out. So did the egg custard mooncakes. Imagine the disappointment I experienced!

This year, I checked out Mei Xin Lava Custard Mooncakes earlier. The booth was still at the same place. For all my unluckiness, I gathered my courage and asked,"Do you still have lava custard mooncakes?"

Much to my delight, the lady said,"Yes. The stocks are running low though. I may not have any left if you return tomorrow."

I bought two boxes at $53.50 per box, careful not to overbuy in case I don't like them. 
 
The mooncakes come in a classic mooncake box.
  
Four small mooncakes sitting on the top tier and four more at the bottom.

Storage instructions: only open them when you want to eat them. There is no need to put them in the refrigerator. Shelf-life is about a month.
 
'美心 流心' is the embossment, with '流心' referring to the lava custard.
 
The crust is soft and easy at the slightest bite.
The egg custard forms the second layer within.
The core holds the watery lava custard. 

Yumz! Heavenly!

I had three at one go. Enough said.

I gave one box to my mother. When I called her to ask about her feedback, she was busy with my baby nephew. What was told to me by my elder sister was: Mother said,"Wow, this mooncake is delicious! Where did she get it from?"

I am down to two mooncakes on Day Two. I will be getting more when Mei Xin comes to the mall near my place at the end of the month!

No comments: